Have you ever heard of someone being stuck with a car they just bought, but turned out to be defective in some way? The term for a car like this is a lemon car. This sometimes happens with pre-owned cars and it end up costing the owner a lot of money. Not only have you spent a lot of money on a new ride, but you’re also faced with the expenses of auto repairs or auto service once the car begins to malfunction. Don’t get stuck with a lemon used car in Orlando with our tips!
Toyota of Clermont wants to help you keep your investment!
The horror stories of having bought a lemon car are reasons why you should avoid getting one at all costs. It’s not always easy to avoid them because the used car may appear to be in great condition, but there could be internal issues or problems you’re unaware of. When you’re out shopping for a used car in Orlando, follow these tips to ward off the curse of lemon cars.
Easy ways to elude lemon used cars
- Research: If you’ve got a car make and model in mind while Orlando used car shopping, be sure to do your research on that particular. Read articles and forums to see if this car has a history of issues happening and if it’s an occurrence that happens to a lot of drivers of this car.
- Mileage: Check how many miles are on the odometer of the car. An older car with a high amount of miles is more likely to have problems and to be in need of auto repairs because it has experienced more wear and tear over time.
- Vehicle History Report: Don’t buy a pre-owned car without first looking at the vehicle history report. At our pre-owned car dealership in Orlando you can get a FREE Carfax vehicle history report; all you have to do is ask! This report has information about the car such as service records, accident reports or damages. It also lists the last known mileage and how many previous owners it has had.
- Inspect: Take a close look at the outside and the inside. Do a walk-around of the car and examine the exterior for dents, dings or damages. You should also look closely at the condition of the tires, windshield and bumpers. Take a peek under the hood to inspect the hoses, wiring and condition of the battery and engine. Look around the cabin of the car and check the interior for tears, rips or stains.
- Test Drive: Most importantly, take the Orlando used car you’re considering on a test drive. While sitting in the driver’s seat, ensure all of the lights on the dashboard work as well as the radio system and the air conditioning. Take the car out on the road so you know it runs well while accelerating, braking, turning and backing up.
Never buy a pre-owned car without fully knowing what you’re buying. For reliable pre-owned cars, you can visit us at 16851 State Rd. 50, between the Florida Turnpike and Highway 27!