Here in Central Florida, we’re prone to getting hurricanes during the summer months. While we haven’t experienced any major storms in the past few years, the possibility is always there. If a hurricane were to make landfall, it’s important to be prepared. You should have your family prepped, your house prepped and don’t forget to have your Orlando used car prepped, too! If you’re staying put or getting out of town, there are ways you should prep your car for a hurricane!
How to prep your used car for hurricane evacuation
If officials are suggesting you evacuate the area for the hurricane or you are more comfortable with getting out of town during the storm, you should take the necessary precautions before it’s time to leave!
- Visit our Toyota Service Center in Orlando to have your used car caught up with routine car maintenance. Have your car caught up with oil changes, brake service and car battery checks! Our Toyota service technicians can inspect your car and ensure it is good to go to hit the road if evacuation is necessary!
- Pack a go-bag and important items! If there is a threat of a hurricane making landfall, gather together supplies to pack in an emergency bag. This emergency bag should be kept in your used car at all times while the threat of the hurricane is imminent. In the bag you should keep items like…
- Bottled water and non-perishable foods
- First aid kit
- Batteries and extra cell phone charger
- Personal hygiene products: soap, deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste
- Prescription and non-prescription medications
You should also have valuable items and important documents and papers packed away in waterproof and fireproof containers that can easily be packed into your Orlando used car.
- Don’t forget to fill up your gas tank! If the hurricane is coming, gas stations will be overcrowded and you will be wasting time trying to fill up last minute! Prep your used car in Orlando and make sure you always have a full tank of gas in case of hurricane making landfall.
Protect your Orlando pre-owned car from the storm!
A lot of Floridians are accustomed to hurricanes and like to stay put to help protect their house and help clean up after the storm passes! If you’re going to be staying in the area during a hurricane, make sure you’re protecting your car from the dangers of the strong storm!
- Park it under a structure like a parking garage or sturdy car port. By having a roof over its head, your car will be protected from falling debris caused by the strong winds and rain.
- If you can’t find a structure to park your car in, consider covering it with a tarp or car cover! This will help protect the clear coat and paint from being scratched and scraped by debris.
- Check your insurance coverage! Make sure your car insurance plan covers damages from hurricanes!
Toyota of Clermont wants you to stay safe and keep your car safe in a hurricane! If you have any questions, give us a call at (888) 590-6090!