Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend this July 4th? It’s a great weekend to get out and enjoy some quality time with your family and friends. However, independence day weekends tend to increase to population of cars on the road. So regardless of what your plans may be, make sure to plan ahead and count on traffic delays. Sadly, you must also be on the lookout for reckless drivers. Our team at our Orlando used car dealership want to ensure you’re safe on the road this July 4th weekend!
How to spot drunk driving in Orlando on the 4th of July weekend!
Our Orlando used car dealership team want to remind you not to drink and drive. If you plan on getting having a drink to celebrate America this weekend, don’t get into the driver’s seat of a car. There are many other ways in which you can get home without putting yourself and other Orlando used car drivers at risk.
If you’re on the road after a day of celebration and fireworks, drive very carefully! Our team at our Orlando used car dealership wants to remind you to practice safe driving. Use your defensive driving skills, turn on your headlights if driving at night, and always keep your focus on the road. As a vigilante driver you should be on the lookout for drunk driving and report it.
Spot and report drunk driving in Orlando!
If you’re not sure what drunk driving looks like, our team has a gathered a list of signs. If you spot several of these incidents, report the drunk driving in Orlando to the police.
- Sudden stops and acceleration
- wide and/or illegal turns
- weaving or zig-zagging through traffic
- Driving on the wrong side of the road
- Driving significantly slower than the speed limit
- Not following the road rules
- Slow response to traffic signals
- Almost striking obscure objects
- Driving in areas not designated for driving
If you spot the behavior listed above, it’s drunk driving. It’s very important that you take the following steps wisely and carefully to ensure you’re practice safe driving this 4th of July weekend.
- Steer away – stay as far away as you possibly can from the drunk driver. Don’t attempt to pass them or get their attention. You can do more harm this way.
- Gather information – Get as much information on the vehicle as you possibly can. Information you’ll need include license plate number, car make, car color, and any other distinctive features. You should also make note of which direction the vehicle is traveling in.
- Call the police – Pull over and call the police to report the incident and provide them with all the information you’ve acquired.
If you’re on the road this July 4th weekend and spot a drunk driver, report and find safety! Our team wants to ensure you’re safe this weekend. If you have any questions regarding safe driving call, reach out to our team to answer nay of your questions at (888) 590-6090.