Spring has sprung (although it’s a BIT chillier than normal here this week), and now’s the perfect time to freshen up your ride for a brand new season. However, you don’t have to drop a ton of money or spend a lot of time doing it – Toyota of Clermont has easy and affordable tips to refresh your used car just in time for spring. Let’s get started!
First things first (and we can hear the groans already) – do a spring cleaning on your car! We know, we know – car detailing is the last thing you want to think about when the sun is shining and the beach is calling your name. But deep cleaning your car is an easy way to get it looking a whole lot newer without having to spend money! Vacuum the interior and shampoo the upholstery, and use appropriate cleaning products on the dash and any other plastic parts of the car to get them sparkling. Also, throw a few charcoal briquettes under the seats to absorb odors, and drop dryer sheets next to them to get that lovely clean laundry smell permeating your ride. Don’t forget your exterior, either – wash and wax, and be sure to scrub your tires!
However, car detailing is just the beginning when it comes to freshening up your Clermont used car. Here are some other easy and affordable tips to get it looking like-new again:
- Empty it out. Get rid of all the stuff you’ve been “meaning to take inside” for the past few months, including the trunk or cargo area.
- Invest in seat covers to give your interior a fresh, new look (and also to protect the existing seats).
- Schedule a car paint job! Even a fresh clear coat can give your used car new life.
- Buy a steering wheel cover – it’ll hide any grime or wear on the wheel and give you a better grip to boot.
- Organize your glovebox. It may not be in plain sight, but when you’re searching for something down the road you’ll be glad you did it.
- Take a peek at organizers for your trunk or cargo area – whether you get an actual organizer or just a net to keep things in check, it’ll help take care of clutter and mess.
- Buy new floor mats! It’s a simple way to jazz up the interior of your car and give it a new look.
- Get your windows tinted. Why haven’t you already? You live in Florida. Do yourself a favor.
And you can check out cool parts and accessories for your used car at Toyota of Clermont‘s parts store. You’ll love having options like:
- Alloy wheels
- Doorsill enhancements
- Anti-theft systems
- Audio systems
- Truck bed liners
- Roof racks
- Running boards
Ready to spruce up your used car in time for spring? Hit Toyota of Clermont today – we’re just off the Florida Turnpike at 16851 State Road 50!